N160 and 6.5 Creed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone use N160 for 6.5? I've been watching a few videos on 147 ELDM data and this powder keeps coming up. Good results too with this bullet.

I don't have any plans to switch from H4350 until I cannot find it, but N160 is in stock more often than not.

Thanks in advance OSA

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a few powders in my stash I got because I knew the price would be going up.
I have not developed loads with them but when my normally used powder runs out I will have these and will not need to search for them and will not pay the much higher price for them years down the road when I need them.

Prepper or Hoarder or just covering my hind end for the future or for my kids or grand kids future of reloading.
I say if you can get some now without hurting the wallet then do it.
It is only going to get more expensive and more unobtainable.

Or if you can get more H4350 then do that.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No experience with N160, but I've had a lot more experience with VV powders lately.

~ 3 years ago, they were $280, while the Hodgdon extreme line of stuff was still $250. Now Hodgdon is $70 more for an 8lb jug.

Then I bought N133, N135, and N150 during the plandemic, and had great accuracy results in just about everything I've put them in. Yeah, you can get more velocity out of the N5xx lines...and the Hodgdon extreme stuff is still more temp stable. But the prices of the N1xx rifle powders hasn't changed much in the last few years and it is bughole capable.

I've looked at N160 for my 6.5 CM too...but somehow I ended up with an 8lb'er of H100V and SW Long Rifle each. My Creedmoor powders are set for a long time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom