Name of Gunsmith in Edmond back in the early 1990's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey All....

I guess the New Year got me to thinking about a lot of different past remembrance and this question is one of them.

NO it wasn't Nyle Taylor.

Back in the early 1990/91 I purchased a Rossi 92 lever action. It had a difficult time feeding/loading various types of .45 ammo. So I took it to a gunsmith in Edmond to have him polish the ramp and see what else he could do .

***Here is my description***

It was somewhere between 33rd and 15th street. I believe where the Academy Store is.....it wasn't there then.......Go West of the Academy store...over the train tracks and there was a strip/warehouse area. I CANNOT remember his name. We talked and he did mention he had purchased some of Art Mashburn's equipment when it went up for sale.

On this map to the West of where Academy is now...over the train tracks.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/A...b6f6025f52ca9a!8m2!3d35.6303663!4d-97.4856553

Just a curiosity question....like others I have today looking back in the past.

Thanks!!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I believe there was a gunsmith in the industrial loop behind Jimmys Egg. I never made it by there though. After I heard about him, I went and looked. They had already closed their doors.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Hey All....

I guess the New Year got me to thinking about a lot of different past remembrance and this question is one of them.

NO it wasn't Nyle Taylor.

Back in the early 1990/91 I purchased a Rossi 92 lever action. It had a difficult time feeding/loading various types of .45 ammo. So I took it to a gunsmith in Edmond to have him polish the ramp and see what else he could do .

***Here is my description***

It was somewhere between 33rd and 15th street. I believe where the Academy Store is.....it wasn't there then.......Go West of the Academy store...over the train tracks and there was a strip/warehouse area. I CANNOT remember his name. We talked and he did mention he had purchased some of Art Mashburn's equipment when it went up for sale.

On this map to the West of where Academy is now...over the train tracks.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Academy+Sports+++Outdoors/@35.6272792,-97.5019631,14z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xfeb6f6025f52ca9a!8m2!3d35.6303663!4d-97.4856553

Just a curiosity question....like others I have today looking back in the past.

Thanks!!

Was his first name Brad?

You may be on to something. Brad Mann? He was a good 1911 guy.

Oldman62

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I remember right the name of the place on Broadway CT behind Jimmys Egg was The Gun Rack, sorry I do not remember the guys name though. I worked at Payless Cashways at Broadway and 33 rd at the time. Bought a Ruger New Model Black Hawk from there right after it opened.

Latest posts

Top Bottom