name this ak ammo!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i posted this up as potentially for sale on the classifieds if i sale my sights.. but i really do not know what this 7.62x39 ammo is. i think its russian, but i do not know its bullet mass or if its corrosive or anything really about it.

im comparing it to some crap on ctd, and thinking its worth 30 cents a shot. but i may be way off one way or the other for all i know. i know its brass. and the brass says "km 1977"

im not an ammo expert. if anyone knows what the specs are on this stuff or if its actually russian, i would appreciate the info.

i841.photobucket.com_albums_zz338_okwrking871_DSCN0323.jpg

i841.photobucket.com_albums_zz338_okwrking871_DSCN0324.jpg

edit. forgot the pictures.

Last edited:
D

dwbammo

Yes it's Yugo, and it is no where near 0.30/rd. It's not even a good weight bullet if I remember right. I think its like 70-80gr bullet and the hair string Chezch powder. It has a hard time with FTF/FTE. The primers on them are really hard too so if you have a light or worn out spring it wont fire them.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is Yugo M67. It is corrosive, berdan primed and brass cased. The bullet is the M67 design(poorest BC, but best .311 diameter FMJ bullet with regards to tissue damage) 123gr lead core copper jacketed bullet. Does not attract a magnet. It comes in a 1260 round hermetically sealed metal tin.

Yes it's Yugo, and it is no where near 0.30/rd. It's not even a good weight bullet if I remember right. I think its like 70-80gr bullet and the hair string Chezch powder. It has a hard time with FTF/FTE. The primers on them are really hard too so if you have a light or worn out spring it wont fire them.

You are correct about it being Yugo. The rest of what you wrote is retarded blabber.

Last edited:

HackerF15E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of forum-goers on many different sites I read really like it, despite the corrosive primers. Strangely, the posts going back more than 6-9 years really didn't have much good to say about it, and then it seems a lot of people bought it and shot it, and today they're signing a different tune. People on the SKS enthusiast forum love it.

It's selling for about $0.21/round shipped from Wideners in the 1260 can.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yugo M67. Excellent ammo, my SKS and AMD both just eat it non-stop. You won't find any 7.62x39 surplus ammo of higher quality IMO. Very consistent accuracy as well. Primers are mildly corrosive.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
thanks for all the info guys. m67 has to be it. as per hackerf15's post, looked at that sight and that is exactly the package its in. thanks. i will adjust my price if and when the sights sale.

Latest posts

Top Bottom