Name this snake!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only good snake is a dead snake imo.

Not if you have an interest in keeping rats and snakes away from your equipment causing repairs. I live 45 miles away from the farm. Keep rat/mice blocks on baling wire in the barn to kill them, but at the same time, if i see a good snake on the road or around our house, I catch it, and take it to the barn to be released.
It might take a few days before getting back over there, but I can post pics of mice that ate the front tire of a tractor to the point it went flat and had to be replaced. $300+ dollars later. Had it been on one of the bigger tractors, it would have been exponentially more.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://oksnakes.org/index.cfm?snakeID=9&venomous=0&patterned=0&striped=0&solid=0&all=0

was a good snake, now it's a dead snake.
the nonvenomous ones seem to bluff aggressively, since they don't have much to back up a bite...
Yes. Back a Bull Snake or a Hog nose snake into a corner, and the bull snake becomes really aggressive. The Hog nose snake is incredibly aggressive until it realizes it's cornered then it plays dead. It will roll over on its back and when rolled back to its belly, it rolls back to it's back. LOL, easy to tell its not dead.
Snakes have a purpose in this environment. In town I can see the fear, but in the country, let them be. They actually benefit you.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
those things are quick.

saw a guy chase one up a cedar tree in missouri, it went off a branch 12-15 up, and didn't slow down when it hit the ground.

Latest posts

Top Bottom