Nanuq is a Bad@$$

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read that news article today. It's amazing how dogs can find their way home. There are books written about the journey's dogs and cats have taken to get home to their owners.
My personal experience with dogs finding their way home came from a friend that invited another friend and myself to go duck hunting. We couldn't make it, so he invited two other guys.
They set out on the North end of Kaw lake in a boat too small for the winds and waves, were promptly swamped and drowned.
We received a phone call from his dad wondering where Davey was later in the day thinking we were with him.
OHP rescue and the sheriff dept was called. We also launched, finding Davey floating face down with a life jacket on. Hypothermia took him. The other two guys were not found until the following spring when they floated.
The black lab that was with them was barking when we were looking but quit. We were not interested in the dog at that point.
A day later, the dog showed up at the owners home in North Ponca City which was about 15 miles by road and 12 as the crow flies.
They are amazing animals.

Latest posts

Top Bottom