Nashville School Shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
God kinda did do that though. And it can be claimed by the Roman Catholic, Orthodox Catholic, and Oriental Orthodox churches are the "true church"

Personally I tend to go with a big tent approach. Basically, as best I can gather, right now we are fighting an inter-dimensional war with demons for the souls of all mankind and Jesus Christ ie God is on the good side. So we pretty much need all the help we can get. As long as churches are based and believe in one God, the father, son and holy spirit who was crucified and rose from the dead, I think we can work together and work out the details later. Except for Angelicans, their heresy knows no bounds.

The "true" church came about in the first century. Catholicism didn't come about until somewhere in the 300's.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The "true" church came about in the first century. Catholicism didn't come about until somewhere in the 300's.
Catholicism is the true Church, the guiding light that laid down every Christian principal and in the very foundation of the doctrine of Christian faith. The very meaning of the word catholic is "universal"

Now that said I do understand disagreement with the current state of things, however the Church outlast the Pope and Faith will outlast "the church". For the church is not the clergy but is instead the living body of Christ.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s interesting to me that every Catholic priest, to this day, can trace their succession of Ordination back to Saint Peter. That’s a pretty strong argument for it being the original church.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s interesting to me that every Catholic priest, to this day, can trace their succession of Ordination back to Saint Peter. That’s a pretty strong argument for it being the original church.

Actually, their claims may not be valid. For instance, I would imagine that all the New Testament writers were dead by the end of the first century, as were probably, all of the apostles. So, considering the gap between the years 100 and up through when the catholic church was founded in the 300's, how are they "tracing" that?

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are all the same religion - Christian.
It's hard to find something to criticize Christians about, but we try? I think I will stick the criticizing THIS SPOILED BRAT, TRANSH GENDER MAGGOT, THAT MURDERED THESE CHRISTIONS, TO GET ATTENTION?

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, their claims may not be valid. For instance, I would imagine that all the New Testament writers were dead by the end of the first century, as were probably, all of the apostles. So, considering the gap between the years 100 and up through when the catholic church was founded in the 300's, how are they "tracing" that?
I can’t answer that without doing some research. It‘s what we were taught from early childhood.

Edit - here’s a list of every Catholic Pope beginning with St. Peter. Click on the Popes names and it will give supporting historical sources and documents.
https://www.askacatholic.com/_TheChurch/popelist.cfm

Last edited:

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So Catholicism claims to be the one 'true' faith, yet Jesus Christ was Jewish - hmmm. Still several other Christian (follower of Christ) religions claim to the the only REAL religion which is the exact point I was trying to make . . . that so many different faiths claiming that they themselves, and only they, are ordained by God himself to spread the 'word'. I'm not even going to try and get into non-Christian beliefs such as Buddhist, Hindu, Islam, etc. 😂

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can’t answer that without doing some research. It‘s what we were taught from early childhood.

Edit - here’s a list of every Catholic Pope beginning with St. Peter. Click on the Popes names and it will give supporting historical sources and documents.
https://www.askacatholic.com/_TheChurch/popelist.cfm

Peter wasn't a catholic pope. As I stated before, the catholic church wasn't founded until sometime in the 300's.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Peter wasn't a catholic pope. As I stated before, the catholic church wasn't founded until sometime in the 300's.
Agreed - he was the Apostle that built the church. I shouldn’t hi-Jack this thread so I‘ll just recommend you read about Apostolic Succession. It‘s the uninterrupted transmission of spiritual authority from the Apostles to successive Popes and Bishops of the Catholic Church. The succession from Peter to the current Catholic Pope is what I provided in the previous link. Catholic Priests are ordained by Bishops. Hence, they can trace their ordination and spiritual authority back to the Apostle Peter.

All that said - I believe Christianity, teachings of Christ, and the teachings of the Bible are what’s important, not the denomination of the original church.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed - he was the Apostle that built the church. I shouldn’t hi-Jack this thread so I‘ll just recommend you read about Apostolic Succession. It‘s the uninterrupted transmission of spiritual authority from the Apostles to successive Popes and Bishops of the Catholic Church. The succession from Peter to the current Catholic Pope is what I provided in the previous link. Catholic Priests are ordained by Bishops. Hence, they can trace their ordination and spiritual authority back to the Apostle Peter.

All that said - I believe Christianity, teachings of Christ, and the teachings of the Bible are what’s important, not the denomination of the original church.

Apostolic Succession is likely a constructed policy intending to make the catholic church seem above all others. As in your last statement that is now in bold, I don't believe that the name on any church building has any right to feel preferential. As for the original church, it had no denomination. Denominations came about because "mankind" decided that they wanted to live and worship by their own interpretations of the Bible's teachings.

Latest posts

Top Bottom