Nashville School Shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I think you are correct.
As mentioned here recently the Deonte Green case gave us an rare/accidental peek into the juvie system, a dozen cases building up to specifically stealing guns is not a red flag, can't lock them up.
While just as rare/accidental YO-2020-00001 and YO-2020-00002(two of those charged in the Taft Memorial Day shooting) does the same. If someone reads the "Information" pdf and the "decertification" pdf which moved them back to juvie they might well question some things. Should the YO case have been dismissed and both moved to juvie? Did moving them to juvie have anything to do with the several adults involved in the same case getting dismissals, can you have a felony shooting case where some of the defendants are treated as juveniles and others adults?

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Certainly seems the schools/Gov. are saying that about dangerous kids...

"Whitmore assaulted a teacher at Hale Middle School and believes if the school took more action addressing that type of behavior, maybe he wouldn’t be where he is now, arrested for first-degree murder".

https://www.fox23.com/news/only-on-...cle_00db89dc-1fb7-5d07-9113-44462ad40f2f.html
"Waldron wasn’t hurt when he was teaching, but he said it’s not hard to find a teacher who has been."
"The two agree that physical assaults are a symptom of childhood trauma, large class sizes, and a lack of counselors in schools."

https://ktul.com/news/local/project-oklahoma-student-attacks-on-teachers-the-best-worst-kept-secret
Old question but still valid even though ignored, if the laws we have were enforced properly and no group had "special status" making them unaccountable would we be were we are or need new "special laws"?
As a former Nathan Hale student this is pretty freaking sad. My sister was class of '74 (when the school was packed full of Boomers) - by the time I got there, attendance was going down fast, but it was still a quality school.

I wish I could understand what changed.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, Kel Tec, with a Glock 33 round magazine. I estimate $2000.00 worth of guns, mags and ammo. Still no reveal on the manifesto?
Don't have the link handy but the NY Post reported the manifesto has been handed over to the [brilliant experts] at the FBI, who will review it and release it.

I will bite my tongue and won't speculate on:
1. How long it will take the great and mighty ones to do that and
2. Will they decide to "edit" or "redact" parts of the manifesto so as not to give up any super duper sensitive information to which the author might have been privy

Also saw another article that said CBS News executives have specifically told their underlings not to mention in news reports that the Nashville shooter was transgender.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a former Nathan Hale student this is pretty freaking sad. My sister was class of '74 (when the school was packed full of Boomers) - by the time I got there, attendance was going down fast, but it was still a quality school.

I wish I could understand what changed.
That story answered it for you. It's clearly lack of counselors and large class size.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Preferably under large, dense rocks.

No Quarter Expected, No Quarter Given.

They also needed security film on the glass doors, which would've significantly delayed or even denied the shooter access, and is widely recommended as part of CPTED principles.

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/d/b5005059013/

I was thinking the same thing about the security film. It makes a huge difference. She he would not have been able to walk right in through the broke glass. She would have been still been beating on it by the time the police showed up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom