National Championship!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeleStratMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't follow your logic. To say LSU doesn't use a similar style offense is one thing... but to say it can't be similar because no big 12 team has won with it in 15 years proves it's different? Isn't that kind of like saying since no team with a Samoan QB has ever won an NC, that proves if a team with a Samoan QB is in the finals next year they can't win? What if LSU just happens to be the first team since 2005 to win with a Big 12 type offense? Your statement also seems to be predicated on the assumptions that all big 12 teams use the same type offense, and that ONLY big 12 teams use that type offense. I think if we analyzed it, we would also see that Texas 2005 offense was substantially different than LSU's 2019 offense. But what does that prove?

In addition, OU's failure to win one in the last 3 or 4 years is much more an indictment of the defense than it is the offense.

But maybe I am just not understanding your point?

TeleStratMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't follow your logic. To say LSU doesn't use a similar style offense is one thing... but to say it can't be similar because no big 12 team has won with it in 15 years proves it's different? Isn't that kind of like saying since no team with a Samoan QB has ever won an NC, that proves if a team with a Samoan QB is in the finals next year they can't win? What if LSU just happens to be the first team since 2005 to win with a Big 12 type offense? Your statement also seems to be predicated on the assumptions that all big 12 teams use the same type offense, and that ONLY big 12 teams use that type offense. I think if we analyzed it, we would also see that Texas 2005 offense was substantially different than LSU's 2019 offense. But what does that prove?

In addition, OU's failure to win one in the last 3 or 4 years is much more an indictment of the defense than it is the offense.

But maybe I am just not understanding your point?

LSU won because they had the Best QB in the country who looked like a NFL QB and a defense who shut down Clemson in the 4th QTR.
Not because they were playing "Big 12 brand of Football".

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Put it all in perspective; they are for the most part, still kids playing a game. OU has at least made it the final four what...4 out of the last 5 times? Who else (besides Bama and Clemson) can say that? Just because they don't win the big one each time does not mean they suck. OU is a perennial power and has been for many years, except for the dreary days of Gary Gibson and John Blake. OU will contend yet again next year too, even without knowing who will be under center. I think Lincoln Riley and his staff know a heck of lot more about football than all of us here combined anyway. Wait...what am I saying? This is OSA! A person can find all the answers here; from general politics to feral hog control, to best this or best that, to questions of law, on how Congress should be run, why the democrats suck, where to eat, how to get wimmins to make ya a sammich, marriage and relationships, child-rearing, and even expert answers to your many firearms questions. Our Big 12 style of play seems okay to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom