Navy F-18 encounter with UFO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is an interview in the NYT with 2 former navy pilots who were ordered in 2004 to chase an unknown aerial vehicle that descended from 80,000 feet to roughly 20,000 feet and maneuvered in an unconventional way.

It's a paywalled article so I won't post it here but their paywall is crappy so you can read by opening the link in an incognito tab (chrome) or private tab (FF).
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/...ing-object-navy.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=1

The Navy has released some of the videos and the times was showing this one earlier.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I notice the "Object" stays at the exact same angle and distance from the Velocity Vector. Were it real, it would be moving around as the pilot gave chase

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know much about flying, but it looks to me that the F-18 is in a constant bank to the left, just turning a circle and the "object" in the "sight" would be doing the same.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found the interview compelling because it's the pilot involved in this incident.

What I don't know is how the video is recorded.
Is it from a camera on the pilot's helmet capturing the HUD or a separate camera.

Latest posts

Top Bottom