Neat, we're putting up paywalls to be here now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have yet, after 20+ years of using a CC on the interwebs to buy stuff, have had my CC info compromised.

Now, at a gas station or some sh*tty convenience store in OKC or a Wawa in VA or someplace? yeah. Several times.
Consider yourself lucky. A few years ago I had the same card compromised 3 times in a year. Still haven't figured out where it got hacked. I just know it was from an online breach of some kind since I never used it otherwise.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah.....I don't use my debit at gas stations either .....just the same credit card.....different from my online card
I use the Phillip's 66 app as much as possible to limit the need to pull out a card or my wallet. You can also pay via the Sam's Club app if you buy gas from them.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
... I check the card reader every time I hit an ATM and look for a camera.

Although not foolproof, I only use indoor ATMs, like at QT. Having worked in INFOSEC, I've seen way too many shimmers on outdoor ATMs. There is an iPhone app called Card Skimmer that "may" detect Bluetooth low energy devices. Not 100%, but often better than nothing.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some credit cards let you get virtual credit card numbers for online transactions.
BilPay from your bank is very secure, is there a way to pay for OSA support using BillPay?

Debit cards are the debil.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried to be a supporter but no payment method available for someone that won’t put their credit card info on the web. Need a mail in check option. Just an idea.

Putting a check in the mail is quite a bit more dangerous than using a CC on a website lol...

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Consider yourself lucky. A few years ago I had the same card compromised 3 times in a year. Still haven't figured out where it got hacked. I just know it was from an online breach of some kind since I never used it otherwise.

I've had mine compromised, most of the time they call you because the purchase is outrageous and in another city or even shut the purchase down till you call to confirm. Either way, not much hassle.

Now getting your money back from check fraud or someone that's gotten ahold of your bank info is a completely different story from what I've seen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom