Nebraska Antelope

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well my wife bested me once again, but in the end I was more than please with the goat I got. Her hunt was super short. We left the ranch house shortly before 7am opening morning and at 7:20am her animal was on the ground. I felt bad her hunt was so short until we walked up to him and I realized exactly how nice he was! I guess there was a reason he had 15 doe all to himself! :) We spotted his does only 100 yards from the truck, parked behind a hill, and after a short stalk had the herd buck broadside at 180 yards. One shot sent the group fleeing over the hill. Marie was worried she had made a bad shot, but after spying them on the next hill without the buck in tow I knew immediately her shot was true. We found him in the next valley just a short distance from where we last saw him running. He measured 14.5"
i.imgur.com_TLeK4qi.jpg

My goat I actually passed up earlier that morning. Then at 300pm we sat there at 200 yards watching him at a windmill with 5 other smaller bucks. I watched him for 20 minutes before I decided I should go ahead and take him. After watching him fall we walked over to him and I was slightly disappointed at his size. This was only day 1 and we had 2 more days to hunt and I was second guessing my decision. That second guessing was shortly lived as we stayed to bird hunt the next two days and had 30 mile an hour straight winds and 50mph gusts all day for two days. In the end I was very pleased I went ahead and took my buck as those hunting conditions would have been tough and we saw very little antelope while bird hunting those days. Mine measured 12"
i.imgur.com_NRs2RWP.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom