Neckbeard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrChris

Sniper
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so I have seen this term thrown around here alot the last couple of years. My question is, what the hell does it mean to you guys and where exactly did it come from?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Simple. A neckbeard is one that buys up stuff in demand when it first comes available and sells at a much higher price. For instance, say a retail ammo store gets in a whole case of 9mm ammo and the neckbeard takes all the boxes of ammor off the shelf, thus buying the whole case. He buys it at the regular retail price and then adds a high percentage markup when he posts the ammo in the classifieds.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Misappropriating an old computer science term:
From Oxford online dictionary.
”a man who is socially inept and physically unappealing, especially one who has an obsessive interest in computing.”
The term has been in use in com sci for many decades.

People here use the term to describe someone that engages in capitalism. ;). Granted, more like price gouging, which is one of ugly sides of capitalism.

Last edited:

freewookie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
“Talkative, self-important nerdy men (usually age 30 and up) who, through an inability to properly decode social cues, mistake others' strained tolerance of their blather for evidence of their own charm.”

And the ones who flip ammo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stood in those lines for ammo and those guys would get there earlier and earlier.
Ammo counter opened at 7AM at wal-mart then they would be there at 6 then 5 then 4 and believe it or not 3AM.

I would buy the ammo and sell it for what I paid for it or give it away.
I just wanted to feel like I was helping those that can't stand in line and stick it to the neckbeards.

MrChris

Sniper
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got nothing after those two posts.
Mods you can wrap this thread up....

Not so fast.
I am still not understanding how this term came about or why everyone here uses it.
I know a whole lot of "unshaven" and "unkept" individuals that are great people that would have no part of price gouging people.
On the other hand, I know a lot of well kept, clean shaven individuals that would bend you over on a deal as quick as look at you.

So I still wonder, why use that term and where did it come from in relation to the gun world.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn’t someone post a pic of an actual neckbeard at Walmart during the Obama years, waiting for .22 ammo? IIRC, he had a scraggly beard that extended down his neck.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unemployed, so plenty of time to stand in line at a ammo counter at walmart or academy, when the ammo shipment gets brought to the floor, in their nasty un washed sweat pants and flip flops with socks on, dirty stained t shirt thats been worn for 3 days and has not seen a washer in months anyway.

They actually venture out of their moms basement or spare room since they have no job, yet thanks to welfare and such they always have money, money to spend on things such as ammo that they will never shoot.

The neckbeard comes from the fact they cannot grow a proper beard, instead they have the course pig hair under one of their chins, that they try to pass off a beard.

MrChris

Sniper
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unemployed, so plenty of time to stand in line at a ammo counter at walmart or academy, when the ammo shipment gets brought to the floor, in their nasty un washed sweat pants and flip flops with socks on, dirty stained t shirt thats been worn for 3 days and has not seen a washer in months anyway.

They actually venture out of their moms basement or spare room since they have no job, yet thanks to welfare and such they always have money, money to spend on things such as ammo that they will never shoot.

The neckbeard comes from the fact they cannot grow a proper beard, instead they have the course pig hair under one of their chins, that they try to pass off a beard.

Pig Hair

:laugh6::laugh6::laugh6:

Latest posts

Top Bottom