Neckbeard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrChris

Sniper
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is the Pittman Robertson tax that goes back to the states for conservation efforts. It's a tax I'm more than happy to pay.

Agreed. Same here!!!! However I would like to see an excise tax placed on mountain bikes, backpacking gear, and many other outdoor goods.
Spread it around to everyone who is using our public lands instead of just us footing the bill.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is the Pittman Robertson tax that goes back to the states for conservation efforts. It's a tax I'm more than happy to pay.

myself as well. Proud to pay even. But additional taxes in the name of funding government waste is something I am not interested in paying. I highly doubt any tax hikes will go towards conservation. It’s not glamorous nor a priority for the current administration.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed. Same here!!!! However I would like to see an excise tax placed on mountain bikes, backpacking gear, and many other outdoor goods.
Spread it around to everyone who is using our public lands instead of just us footing the bill.
The Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration Act, popularly known as the Pittman–Robertson Act, was approved by Congress in 1937.

• The act provides funding for the selection, restoration, and improvement of wildlife habitat and for wildlife management research. The act was amended in 1970 to include funding for hunter education programs and for the development and operation of public target ranges.
  • Funds for the act come from an 11% federal excise tax on sporting arms, ammunition, and archery equipment, as well as a 10% tax on handguns. One-half of the excise tax on handguns and archery equipment is used for hunter education and target ranges. These funds are collected from the manufacturers and are distributed each year to the states and territorial areas by the Department of the Interior.
  • Each state’s proportion of the federal funds is based on the area of the state and the number of licensed hunters in the state. The state covers the full amount of an approved project and then applies for reimbursement through federal aid for up to 75% of the project’s expenses; the state is responsible for the other 25% of the project’s cost.
  • Non-hunting nature lovers equally benefit from this funding since it supports the management of wildlife areas and wetlands as well as game and non-game wildlife.
  • “Robertson’s 29 words” are a clause in the act’s language to prevent states from diverting license fees paid by hunters away from their intended purpose: “… And which shall include a prohibition against the diversion of license fees paid by hunters for any other purpose than the administration of said State fish and game department….”
  • https://www.hunter-ed.com/pennsylvania/studyGuide/Pittman–Robertson-Act/20103901_88385/
Posted for clarification about where the money is spent.

MrChris

Sniper
Special Hen
Reaction score
myself as well. Proud to pay even. But additional taxes in the name of funding government waste is something I am not interested in paying. I highly doubt any tax hikes will go towards conservation. It’s not glamorous nor a priority for the current administration.

Of course not. The hikes will go towards "racial equity" and transgender sports programs among other insanity

MrChris

Sniper
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration Act, popularly known as the Pittman–Robertson Act, was approved by Congress in 1937.

• The act provides funding for the selection, restoration, and improvement of wildlife habitat and for wildlife management research. The act was amended in 1970 to include funding for hunter education programs and for the development and operation of public target ranges.
  • Funds for the act come from an 11% federal excise tax on sporting arms, ammunition, and archery equipment, as well as a 10% tax on handguns. One-half of the excise tax on handguns and archery equipment is used for hunter education and target ranges. These funds are collected from the manufacturers and are distributed each year to the states and territorial areas by the Department of the Interior.
  • Each state’s proportion of the federal funds is based on the area of the state and the number of licensed hunters in the state. The state covers the full amount of an approved project and then applies for reimbursement through federal aid for up to 75% of the project’s expenses; the state is responsible for the other 25% of the project’s cost.
  • Non-hunting nature lovers equally benefit from this funding since it supports the management of wildlife areas and wetlands as well as game and non-game wildlife.
  • “Robertson’s 29 words” are a clause in the act’s language to prevent states from diverting license fees paid by hunters away from their intended purpose: “… And which shall include a prohibition against the diversion of license fees paid by hunters for any other purpose than the administration of said State fish and game department….”
  • https://www.hunter-ed.com/pennsylvania/studyGuide/Pittman–Robertson-Act/20103901_88385/
Posted for clarification about where the money is spent.

I am very familiar with it. The point I was making is that the tax could be lowered for us guns, ammo and archery consumers, and the slack picked up by tax on mountain bikes, backpacking gear, etc. It isn't fair that we as guns and ammo consumers foot the bill for all others to enjoy. It should be spread around.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am very familiar with it. The point I was making is that the tax could be lowered for us guns, ammo and archery consumers, and the slack picked up by tax on mountain bikes, backpacking gear, etc. It isn't fair that we as guns and ammo consumers foot the bill for all others to enjoy. It should be spread around.
I don't want it lowered, I want additional sporting goods added to it for additional money's to be spent on conservation.

MrChris

Sniper
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't want it lowered, I want additional sporting goods added to it for additional money's to be spent on conservation.

I am with you. We all know it would never be lowered. Thats just fantasy in my head. Lol.
However like we have both said, everyone else needs to kick in to. Not just the guys buying guns, ammo, and archery gear.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_0338.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Top Bottom