need a good flagpole

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, nearly ten years later, can anyone recommend a flagpole based on personal experience?

My father mentioned wanting one and his bday is coming up. Something accustom to OK winds would be nice as he's not gonna be able to move it in his old age.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got the one Lowe's sells for like $130 about a year ago. It didn't hold up well in the wind until I went and added PVC inside to reinforce it. It's the not greatest but it looks nice without breaking the bank

Attachments

• 20190707_123850.jpg
    20190707_123850.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 71

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got the one Lowe's sells for like $130 about a year ago. It didn't hold up well in the wind until I went and added PVC inside to reinforce it. It's the not greatest but it looks nice without breaking the bank

Run that idea up the flagpole and see what others think.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Uncommon USA.
they have anodized aluminum telescoping flag poles.
They usually have a booth at the Farm and Garden shows.
LOVE mine and have had it for prob 7 years.
You can remove the whole pole and bring it in and it collapses down to about 6'.
About 2' goes into a sleave that you cement into the ground.
If i remember correctly it was $225 +tax about 8 years ago.
EDIT: looks like the have them for $229 and shipping is $20
This is me, aka peanut in a former life. Thanks Hanson!!
I still have the same flagpole going on about 15 years and I still reccomend Uncommon USA.
THEY Usually SET UP A BOOTH AT rooster days in BA and farm and garden shows at the fairgrounds.
Sorry about the caps lock

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one of those telescoping flagpoles. It's okay I guess, pretty flimsy, the locks broke and had to use duck tape to keep it standing. Will probably go get some pipe and build my own.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You could have ours if you wanted to dig it up... it’s a telescoping one that’s about 4 years old. It was just put in before we moved in. I don’t know much else about it.
We’re a 2 hour drive from Tulsa, but offer stands if you happen to be in the okc area.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
You could have ours if you wanted to dig it up... it’s a telescoping one that’s about 4 years old. It was just put in before we moved in. I don’t know much else about it.
We’re a 2 hour drive from Tulsa, but offer stands if you happen to be in the okc area.
PM sent

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ended up ordering a 25 from Old Glory flagpoles. Was hard to pass up 1/8" wall pole with the solar light kit at half price. Not sure if it'll last, but reviews were pretty solid. Dad liked it was a veteran owned business, I liked the price. Now if I can just Huck Finn my nephew into a fun round of mixing concrete, we'll be golden.

Latest posts

Top Bottom