Need a little guidance on shotgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you will enjoy it! Hopefully your kids will too!

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, Shoot Well, Leave the Rest to God.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That will get 'er done.
Well I hope. I figured I'd grab one and see. Never know til ya try. Not terribly expensive and a few of y'all backed em. I really like the idea of push button adjustment on the stock. Hopefully it's not real "sloppy". Should have it about Tuesday so I will try to have a decent report on the girls shooting it next weekend hopefully. I've heard that inertia guns get softer after a couple hundred rounds. I assume a gas gun will be the same. All about breaking in the spring I suppose.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Soooo, what advice y'all got for the following: which choke, what load and what "shot setup"?
Of course I will start em with stationary targets to be sure they understand to shoot the clay and that we aren't dealing with a single projectile like they are accustomed to with rifles. We are all right-handed in this family so I'm debating on left to right birds or straight away birds once we graduate to the thrower. I'm thinking straight away and focus on hitting the bird at its "peak". It's an electric thrower that will be firmly anchored so I should be able to get them a repeatable target.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've heard that inertia guns get softer after a couple hundred rounds. I assume a gas gun will be the same. All about breaking in the spring I suppose.

For general information, when your inertia gun spring relaxes, your reliability is reduced.
Think about it.....recoil, extraction, and everything in that process is dependant on the spring.
Gas guns rely on gas. Same situation. If the gas is not equal to the mass it has to cycle, the reliability goes away.
But in gas guns that can be regulated by the ammo, the ammo controls the cycle depending on how much pressure is generated within the round used.
Both have springs, but the concept of how they are used in cycling the gun is different.
Gun manufacturers have found a way around this in shotguns somewhat in the gas guns by drilling ports depending on the length of the shell, etc.
Way to much for this thread, but it is being done, and it seems to work.
It's similar to the gas operated AR's. Put an a adjustable gas block on the gun and tune it to the gas needed to cycle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom