Need a little help/info on school districts in the Tulsa area.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My daughter is moving up in the Tulsa area and she's taking my G'kids with here. :(

Anyway I was wondering which school districts were better or worse up that way.
Preferably on the south or west side of Tulsa so as to make my travel easier. :rolleyes2
Even in the suburban areas.
I'm asking well in advance to her moving so she can make one move.
Any help would be appreciated.

Mostly just want to make sure they don't end up in the worst district, but any info on better districts would be nice also.

Thanks in advance my fellow OSA'ers. :comfort:

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know this can be a sensitive topic, but I graduated from Tulsa District and would recommend you stay out of Tulsa Public Schools. I would suggest Union, or if you would prefer southwest, Jenks. Southeast, Broken Arrow is nice and expanding, but is very large. Tulsa is having budget issues and consolidating schools. Bixby, Broken Arrow, and Jenks are all building new schools and expanding. I dont know much about Sand Springs so I cant comment on that district.

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I vote for Bixby schools - good facilities; strong board; strong parental and community support and involvement; and very close relationship with the police department.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Any thoughts on Sapulpa or Glenpool anyone?

If you'd prefer you can just pm me.
I don't want to start a war or anything.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Any thoughts on Sapulpa or Glenpool anyone?

If you'd prefer you can just pm me.
I don't want to start a war or anything.

Those districts are next door to Jenks and it is head & shoulders above the competition for academic opportunity. Additionally, the district was recognized with the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award in 2006. I'm not in that district nor did my kids go there but it wouldn't have been a hard choice if we'd been living in the area when they were that age.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jenks or Bixby. Way to much BS in Broken Arrow Schools. It is a shame, because they do have some really great teachers, but the admin and board are so jacked up it isn't funny. Glad my kiddos are in college now.

Eric_Williams

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have heard nothing good about Tulsa Public. Union is well.....Union. Iv heard Bixby is nice though.

I was in Tulsa public when the budget issue started but transferred to union for high school.

Union is not a bad school i liked it but is is just like any other high school and im sure Been can attest to this but there are drugs, and there are gangs but they are very easy to avoid. At least they were when i graduated in 07.

as far as TPS i would never never never let my kid go there. Some of the schools on the southern side of the district are OK but all the high schools are worthless.

with all that said Union, Jenks, or Bixby are some really good schools.

amadera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My grandkids go to Jenks. I am very happy! Biggest tax base translates to more money to take care of our kids . Best facilities, best teachers by far( at least Jenks East) . Highly recommend !!

Latest posts

Top Bottom