Need a little help/info on school districts in the Tulsa area.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I made it through Tulsa Public. that's about all I can say :D

I did pretty well for myself but it was because of my own fortitude, my parents, and a few very good teachers. Not the system. But there are a couple good schools there, namely Edison but particularly Washington (this is NOT south though).

I would say Jenks, Bixby, Sapulpa are all good. Union and BA are a bit large for me personally.

BamaAlum97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I moved out of Tulsa in part to get my daughter out of Tulsa Public Schools. There are some good schools in Tulsa, but you have to really do your homework and then hope you can get a transfer into the school you want. We had a great experience with elementary school, was hit and miss in Jr. High. I went to "preview" nights at a couple and after speaking with some of the teachers, I was shocked that they were allowed to be teachers.

I very much encourage being an active parent and go talk to the teachers on a regular basis...There are some good teachers in Tulsa, but also a lot of bad...

dan45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've had two graduate from Sapulpa ('08 & '10).
We transferred our 12 year old this past fall from TPS Remington ( west side)
to Sapulpa.
He struggled a little at first, but has settled in now.
I think the Sapulpa curriculum is more advanced than TPS.
Teachers and staff at Sapulpa Middle School are great!!!

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...and after speaking with some of the teachers, I was shocked that they were allowed to be teachers.

I very much encourage being an active parent and go talk to the teachers on a regular basis...There are some good teachers in Tulsa, but also a lot of bad...

Let me guess...Amish with a touch of ebonics, right??

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What part of town will they be working in?

For example if they are working downtown, then Jenks is a good location because you can easily catch 75 North and take it into downtown. If they will be working closer to the heart of the city sprawl than Union makes more sense. You have access to 169 from there, and that will connect you to the BA and 44 to get around town.

Latest posts

Top Bottom