Need a major load for a M&P 40.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok I have tried to do several searches here and on Brian Enos, but haven't come up with anything definite yet. I am looking to get some powder soon and need some specifics on what powder, bullets, and oal that everyone uses to shoot limited major in an M&P 40. There is tons of info for the 2011 which I know can take a longer oal, but if I was to load the same data as them and decrease my oal I might be pushing pressure too much. The powders that I am looking at getting are Solo 1000, Tightgroup, and Univeral. If you have anymore ideas please let me know. I don't want it to be smokey if I can keep from it. Right now I 1000 Precision Delta 180 FMJ bullets that I am going start off with and move from there. I don't mind going heavier if I it will load in my barrel. I am new to reloading and have done tons of research, but have yet to load anything, so lets keep the it where I'm not having to push anything yet.

Schuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went by saw Mitch this morning and he help me out a bunch. Gave me a load that he shoots in his Glock and I pick up some bullets to go with it. Thanks again for all the help Mitch.