Need a orthopedist recommendation.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As I mentioned in above post I had a total shoulder replacement and as far as pain, I had little. The worst thing was that I had to go to PT twice per week and that was a pain. Not the pain of PT but the fact that I had to go 2X per week.
PT itself wasn't bad, I enjoyed the people there and they helped me because I couldn't get the arm above the shoulder and after a few visits I could. But as far as pain goes, it was nada.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dr Thomas Fleischer at Orthopedic Associates over at NW 50th and Independence in OKC did mine; he said it was the worst rotator cuff damage he'd ever seen. I was 100% in a matter of 4-5 weeks following the surgery, it was all done arthroscopically. Not a lot of post-OP pain. Compared to a full slice-your-whole-abdomen-open hernia operation, it was nothing. Get 'er done.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had my surgery around 2006. They sent me home with an ice chest with tubing that circulated ice water through a cuff and a motorized chair chair that moved my arm up and down. I had to do two hours per session, four times a day in that chair. A week later I started therapy.

Today, the numbness and tingling I was experiencing before the surgery only return occasionally, but it has affected my shooting abilities. Nothing bigger than a semi-auto .308 and light loads in a shotgun.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the Norman area is the Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine group. My doc there is David Bobb. I have been very pleased with them.
I know somebody who's been under the care of Dr. Bobb a couple of times, and I think he was pleased with the results.

The only orthopedist who cut on me is someone I'd be happy to recommend, but leukemia ended his practice at OSM about 15 years ago. :( My dad had his wrist rebuilt by Dr. Vogel at OSM, who came highly recommended, and certainly did not disappoint. Dunno if he does shoulders, though; I think he specializes in the hand/wrist.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dr Mark White. He is a medical doctor in physical therapy. He worked wonders with my foot, shoulder and hand.

United Therapeutic Corporation
Physical therapist in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Address: 6006 NW 120th Ct, Oklahoma City, OK 73162

Phone: (405) 773-0442

Latest posts

Top Bottom