Need a ring?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These guys sponsored a video I watched, so I took a look at their wares. They make rings (like wedding rings) out of wood, but not just any wood. They make them out of whiskey (and whisky) barrels, exotic woods, and more interestingly to some of us, walnut from the stocks of M1 Garands and 1903 Springfields, and teak from the decks of the USS North Carolina.

I'm not in the market for a ring (they ain't cheap, neither), but I still thought they were pretty cool.

https://rusticandmain.com/

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very cool. I DO need a new wedding ring, but that's a bit out of my pricerange at the moment.

Wife needs a new one, too. <sigh>
I've had the same wedding ring for 43 years, what are you guys doing to your wedding rings?!

(P.S. I'm just giving you a hard time. I may or may not have had to replace the shank on mine, but admitting such does not fit my agenda of giving you a hard time. :rollingla )

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
My current one is tungsten black and silver. But it's becoming more silver over time. Just getting weathered and worn. I have 3 or so I swap out depending on my mood.

As for my original gold one, it was relatively thin and inexpensive and got all the detail worn off and worn down. I don't actually know where it is at the moment - probably in a drawer somewheres. I'm not the most sentimental guy in the world.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Working on the farm/ranch and around machinery, as well as driving trucks for a living, I decided it was safer to not always be wearing a wedding ring. That was back in the '80's at the latest. Can't say I've missed wearing one, and the wife doesn't wear one either.

But then, we've been married 52+ years and kind of think we know we are just that. Our rings "might" be in a jewelry box somewhere.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Working on the farm/ranch and around machinery, as well as driving trucks for a living, I decided it was safer to not always be wearing a wedding ring. That was back in the '80's at the latest. Can't say I've missed wearing one, and the wife doesn't wear one either.

But then, we've been married 52+ years and kind of think we know we are just that. Our rings "might" be in a jewelry box somewhere.
This is why I wear tungsten. Not that I am working on a ranch much or whatever, but the titanium fad turned me off when I had to try to cut them off someone's finger when they got crushed - not fun. Tungsten, on the other hand, from my understanding, would shatter rather than crush.

Same with now wearing composite toe boots, I gave up the steel toes after some horror stories I'd heard - haven't seen one of those in person, but I'd prefer not to.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
They have leather rings on the cheap. Good idea maybe for someone worried about damaging their ring.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have leather rings on the cheap. Good idea maybe for someone worried about damaging their ring.

That was my other concern, would these nice-looking rings bear up in the longrun. I'm not a mechanic or anything, but I apparently am at least a LITTLE bit hard on jewelry.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't worn a ring in years. I handle a lot of artifacts and the metal from a ring can tend rub off on them, drastically hurting them. A wooden ring would solve that!

ETA: It looks like most all of those have metal on them, so I can't wear them either.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom