Need advice from some Ford Pick-up "experts"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking of upgrading from my 2003 150 Super Crew toa newer one. I have foud 2, 2018's that are practically identical in millage (one has 3K less miles) and same asking price. Difference is one has a V-6 the other a V-8. Please tell me which would be the "better" deal and why.

I should ad that both are 4WD, as is my 03, and this is more of a vanity upgrade as my '03 runs fine and I drive less than 50 miles per week.

Thanks
If you're going to use it as a "general purpose" pick up and want the best economy I'd go with the 6 but if you're planning on towing a boat/ camp trailer or an in-bed camper then go with the 8. I'd check the gear ratio in it too.

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do they even offer the 7.3 gasser Godzilla engine in the 150’s?
Coupled with the 10 speed tranny, 4:30 gearing in our F-250 it’s a beast for towing. Basic push rod engine.
I hear Ford is looking at dropping that into some Mustangs.
With 430 Hp, that would be a street racer.
Bullitts already come with 480hp and the GTs have about 450 already. Both with 5.0 Coyotes.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be sure to get the heated tail gate option! That keeps your hands from sticking to the tail gate in cold weather, while pushing it! Just kidding, Ford Motor Co. is the nly one of the big three in the US that didn't take the Obama bailout, with tax payer money, and I respect that!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be sure to get the heated tail gate option! That keeps your hands from sticking to the tail gate in cold weather, while pushing it! Just kidding, Ford Motor Co. is the nly one of the big three in the US that didn't take the Obama bailout, with tax payer money, and I respect that!

That in bold: which is why I will take a Ford product over GM or Chrysler any day. Plus, after many years of driving experience (almost 62 years of "licensed" driving), we have had fewer problems with our Ford products than with ANY other brand. And, we've had or dealt with all three major U.S. manufacturers and a number of foreign ones as well.

Love our Ford Expedition Max, especially since we like traveling and seeing new things. Plenty of room for people, luggage, and the occasional purchase along the way.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
That in bold: which is why I will take a Ford product over GM or Chrysler any day. Plus, after many years of driving experience (almost 62 years of "licensed" driving), we have had fewer problems with our Ford products than with ANY other brand. And, we've had or dealt with all three major U.S. manufacturers and a number of foreign ones as well.

Love our Ford Expedition Max, especially since we like traveling and seeing new things. Plenty of room for people, luggage, and the occasional purchase along the way.
Terry...... Just getting your heart started. I have owned fords and had good luck with them, the truth likely is, all new vehicles are about the same, and 100 times better than when I was young! As you know back in the 50's, 60's, and 70's, if a vehicle made it to 1000,000 miles it made the news paper, now they routinely run 2000,000 even 3000,000 miles! If one brand does something that is a real improvement, they all have it the next year. they all even look more alike each year!

Latest posts

Top Bottom