Need advice/pointers on going sober

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I follow this channel some, so I recommend watching some of his bike stuff (especially classic dirt bikes). But in this vid, he lays it out pretty well about his blessings since going sober:

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AA or CR (Celebrate Recovery)

AA your higher power can be God or a door knob.

CR is faith based 12 step program.

Choose one your comfortable with and stick with it. Get some phone numbers and be accountable to some people. You can’t walk this road alone.

I believe you can do it. PM me if you feel compelled.

Beach

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AA or CR (Celebrate Recovery)

AA your higher power can be God or a door knob.

CR is faith based 12 step program.

Choose one your comfortable with and stick with it. Get some phone numbers and be accountable to some people. You can’t walk this road alone.

I believe you can do it. PM me if you feel compelled.

Beach
Good hearing from you old friend! I’m gonna keep going to meetings and see if it’s for me but so far it’s going really good!

Kyle Wright

Marksman
Reaction score
I work as a spiritual counselor at an inpatient treatment center in Cushing, OK, called Valley Hope. Our program is not faith based, but we are a 12 Step facility. I've worked with lots of atheists and agnostics through the years, and I'm happy to help in any way I can.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad to hear you made it to a meeting. Wouldn’t worry to much right now about what you may not agree with and focus more on what similarities you may have with the people sharing. Keep it up!

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put the booze down 8 years ago and haven't touched a drop since, best thing I ever did. Social settings I just tell folks I don't drink, to my surprise I have had no one push it on me. Doesn't bother me to be around it, I just never have a drink. Hope it works out for you!

Latest posts

Top Bottom