Need AK Guru

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kobets1

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
For you to compare,
Here is my mag well
7574fb3a6d445cbb03d513971870d18a.jpg
3eaac8ee5b62c7d980d7e32efff86c89.jpg

Do you see any damage to the mag release or major differences than mine?
16b2789e20b9c4d8a103688b207aeeec.jpg
a3dd33a9ffb3f97740440a0c8f6a3661.jpg

The bolt face where the round is picked up from the mag, does it have any damage or taper?
21aa42213de1a64580626580e6c214e5.jpg
9c6a720d5f8d7f1d176a9810940186f2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I too think it sounds like mags aren’t seating correctly. Or maybe the bullet button is messed up. maadi’s weren’t the prettiest guns to begin with, but that one looks a little rough. Maybe the previous owner got a little over zealous with the Dremel? Happened with a Saiga I bought a few years ago.

SNAKE PLISSKEN

"The name is Plissken"
Special Hen
Reaction score
After having a professional gunsmith look at the Maadi I have been assured that I was scammed. The Maadi receiver is completely wore out, even missing the ejector. The bolt is the wrong kind (single stack). Mag catch is completely worn away. Basically bought a boat anchor for $650. When I contacted the seller he said it's my tough luck. He said he put one round in the chamber and fired the gun. So basically he sold me a single shot AK that is dangerous to shoot because the bolts headspace is bad also. I wish there was some repercussions for scammers like this!!!!

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
When you take it apart can you replace the bolt and carrier with out the springs an get to to strip the rounds?
It is kind of hard to tell by pic if there is something keep the mag from fully seating, I know when I was building my AK74 I put to much bead on a weld and that caused issues in the mag well . Can you see any area on the mags that are rubbing more than other areas? My give you an area to look at!! Do you work in the city?

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After having a professional gunsmith look at the Maadi I have been assured that I was scammed. The Maadi receiver is completely wore out, even missing the ejector. The bolt is the wrong kind (single stack). Mag catch is completely worn away. Basically bought a boat anchor for $650. When I contacted the seller he said it's my tough luck. He said he put one round in the chamber and fired the gun. So basically he sold me a single shot AK that is dangerous to shoot because the bolts headspace is bad also. I wish there was some repercussions for scammers like this!!!!

Crap should have read further!! This may be a great time to learn to build an AK, You can get a nodak spud receiver for like $100, proper bolt will be cheaper as will the Mag catch. I really enjoyed the process and learned a lot about the platform. Let me look ,I may have a mag catch and the ejector part in my bin of parts. Are the receiver rivets loose any where?

Last edited:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry but I do not have the parts, but they can be found cheap!! The ejector rail is pretty easy to install a new one if you look on AK builders forums you can find links to complete builds and all the parts you need.
I

Latest posts

Top Bottom