Need an electrician

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am wanting to get a doorbell camera from my alarm company but I don’t have an electric door bell. I just have a wireless one. They need the two wires to connect the camera to. Are any of y’all electricians that might be interested in this job? Would it be very expensive to do? I would try it myself but I have no idea how to do it. Thanks.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No electrician needed. It's 24v which is considered low voltage. The hardest part is fishing the wire. If you really want to make it good plug the transformer into a battery backup unit so it will work with the power out as well. I have some wire that would be great for it but you would have to wait about a week before I will be able to get to it.

You can also use some cat 5 cable and just use a couple strands for positive and a couple for negative. And in a pinch you can just run the wire straight inside towards an outlet.

And I agree they should be able to run it but some people won't like the way they do it. Think bull with a rider in a China shop.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why not get a wireless doorbell camera? The cost savings vs an electrician spending a day feeding wire through an attic will pay for three of the wireless models. You do need wifi though but if I remember right you just got new internet service so you just need a router.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why not get a wireless doorbell camera? The cost savings vs an electrician spending a day feeding wire through an attic will pay for three of the wireless models. You do need wifi though but if I remember right you just got new internet service so you just need a router.

Are you thinking of Tony? It seems these two share the same avatar image.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would rather do this but I don’t know if I can use one with my alarm company. The one I was gonna get is a Skybell which is one of the Best doorbell cameras made.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
That’s what I thought but they said they wouldn’t do it.
I don't know what to think about an alarm company that won't run wiring for one of their own products. Sounds odd at best.

How the heck do they install alarm systems? Is everything wireless nowadays? If so, then they need to be selling a wireless doorbell camera.

Latest posts

Top Bottom