Need AR-15 suggestions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting one of those cheap AR-15's at Academy. They have the DPMS oracle for $500 or so. The S&W sport for maybe $650. I really prefer the "dissipater" style of AR-15 if anyone know who would have those in stock that's at a reasonable price.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bushmaster makes a true dissipator, 16" barrel with rifle-length gas and sight post, you can get one here at Bud's for just under $850 before shipping and transfer fees.

PSA makes a pseudo-disspator with midlength gas, but they're currently sold out. Not sure if they're still doing it.

I don't know anywhere else, offhand, I've never looked.

<edit> Looks like barrels can be had various places from $179 or so on up to as much as you want to spend. If you want to build your own.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
If you're not in a rush, those PSA pseudo-dissy uppers @tRidiot mentioned go on sale for not much more than the barrels alone cost.

Just a couple months ago they had the MOE Freedom version without BCG or CH for just $190 free shipping.

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Supposedly has a softer recoil as well, I just like the looks of it. I really wasn't looking to build anything though. What about all the entry level rifles? Any better than others or a massive bargain?

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
329$ for a complete ar shipped... 10 dollar transfer from B.A.N.G. add a few pmags and an inexpencive sight or optic(ebay has surplus M.A. Tech buis for 30-40$) and you have a fully funcioning rifle for less than 400 out the door. PSA complete upper shipped to your door for 209, and a complete lower shipped to B.A.N.G. for 129. No frills (you can choose grey, black, or fde furniture) and modify it to what you want. Including going to bear home consulting and buying a front post sight, rifle length hand guards, and a new low profile gas block and they will install them for free(From what they have told me) to turn your upper into a dissipator.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Or if you want a "factory" gun you can get a springfield armory saint, Rock River entry level AR, or sig M400 for a little more than your smith price.

Latest posts

Top Bottom