Need AR-15 suggestions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's wrong with Bushmaster? They're better quality than PSA.

Nothing at all wrong with my Bushmaster. It’s as accurate and reliable as any of my other ARs. And I’ve had it the longest. Others have come and gone in the 15 years I have had that Bushmaster, and I will still grab it for prairie dogs, coyotes and doe.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's wrong with Bushmaster? They're better quality than PSA.
Not since Remington bought them out. The owner took his workers and manufacturing equipment and formed Windham Weaponry. So if youre talking about a pre-Remington Bushmaster, I'd agree with ya

They are also not necessarily better than PSA. PSA sells standard and premium parts, many of which are made by FN or other top quality companies

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing at all wrong with my Bushmaster. It’s as accurate and reliable as any of my other ARs. And I’ve had it the longest. Others have come and gone in the 15 years I have had that Bushmaster, and I will still grab it for prairie dogs, coyotes and doe.
That's a pre-Remington Bushmaster

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not since Remington bought them out. The owner took his workers and manufacturing equipment and formed Windham Weaponry. So if youre talking about a pre-Remington Bushmaster, I'd agree with ya

They are also not necessarily better than PSA. PSA sells standard and premium parts, many of which are made by FN or other top quality companies

I forgot Remington was making them now.
The last bushmaster I had was around 2002-2003. So i guess it was way before Remington crapped it up along with AAC.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I've seen a few pics of deteriorating rifling in PSA barrels with as little as 500 rounds through em. Can't say I've seen that from Bushmaster.
Glad you had a laugh.

What kind of PSA barrels? SS? Chrome lined? Hammer forged?

I have a PSA pencil in my FW build that I've considered replacing, maybe I should sooner rather than later.

Defcon Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What kind of PSA barrels? SS? Chrome lined? Hammer forged?

I have a PSA pencil in my FW build that I've considered replacing, maybe I should sooner rather than later.
Some of the low end barrels branded as Pallmetto and Bear Creek etc do not have a real long service life. However for what my POF's and LWRC's cost you can change a few barrels out

Latest posts

Top Bottom