Need feed back on Sightmark Wraith HD Night Vision Rifle Scope 4-32x 50mm Digital Reticle Matte

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They aren't a bad choice. They don't compare to thermal for viewing distance, but they are also a 1/3 of the price.

Some will disagree, but they are best for sitting over a feeder or baited spot where you know the back ground is safe. You may only see about 300 yards and if you are hunting pigs out on fields, you will not see cows, deer and barns that are beyond your target in the distance.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They aren't a bad choice. They don't compare to thermal for viewing distance, but they are also a 1/3 of the price.

Some will disagree, but they are best for sitting over a feeder or baited spot where you know the back ground is safe. You may only see about 300 yards and if you are hunting pigs out on fields, you will not see cows, deer and barns that are beyond your target in the distance.
Thanks. Found a great deal on a new one and was considering it.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just bought one for $399.99 and will pick up on the 26th. I love hog hunting but I've had to shoot them before dark or using someone elses scope. I wasn't going to pay 3k for a thermal and I like the night vision ones. I'll put a larger IR on it if needed but I doubt it will. Also like the recording cap in 1080. When I feel good I love to set up for hogs. We can drop them and leave them which is cool cause I ain't touching em. I can now go when I wan't because you get a better chance of getting a hog or two every night if you can wait till dark.
The NV's are good to about 200 yds and that's plenty. One of the cons listed on line is seeing the thermal imprint of deer at night. Well I don't want to lose my truck, guns and my freedom shooting deer at night and I don't like shooting them at 300 yds. I think it's bad gamemanship.
Anyway, I'm happy. I'll put it on my Colt 6920 AR 223/556 or the lower with a grendel Ar upper. My 6920 is pretty lite so this added weight will be no big deal. I'll get the QR for it (a good one) they say will hold zero but changing between guns you will have to know the dope.
I'm happy. Hope the wife don't find out. Ha

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okbassin is spot on. I’ve got one and it’s really nice for what it is, an infrared.

After dark during calving season I can see my cattle from several hundred yards out so I don’t have to drive over every foot of the pasture looking for them.

I took mine out the other night looking for hogs, but saw a whole bunch of deer. You can see them blink at a hundred yards once you get it focused.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okbassin is spot on. I’ve got one and it’s really nice for what it is, an infrared.

After dark during calving season I can see my cattle from several hundred yards out so I don’t have to drive over every foot of the pasture looking for them.

I took mine out the other night looking for hogs, but saw a whole bunch of deer. You can see them blink at a hundred yards once you get it focused.
I may put a bigger IR on but for the hog hunting we do, it should be good with the one that's on. Ordered a QD for it. Like the one shot zero and being able to program it for different guns and just move it. Everyone that's not a hater, has said it hold perfect zero. COOL. I just got tired of borrowing other peoples guns with thermals when I did get to go hog smack'in. Ha. Can't do the thermals now. The night visions are fine. I'll be putting it on my grendel, my 223/556 Nato 6920 Colt and the Henry 223/556 NATO. Going to be nice to just flip and move the scope to another gun with only making sure it's in the same spot on the rail and plug in the gun. 4-32x50 should be darn cool. I'll probably decide to put the Arkin on the Henry and leave it there. That way I can take the 223/556 colt ar and the grendel ar upper both to hog hunt and just switch optics between and see how well it does. Both will drop a large wild hog regardless of what some people say/think. Some folks think you have to have a LAR to kill a hog...ha

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got mine on my Grendel AR and it works great. The IR is a little touchy, if you accidentally bump it it’ll need readjusted, but it’s ok for what I need it to do.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Going to go pick mine up today. Going to have it zeroed for my Colt 6920 and grendel (gren plops right into the Colt AR lower) and maybe my Henry 223/556 Nato lever action. The cool thing is with the 223/556 and grendel, I'll have two guns with one lower. Finally I can go on a hog hunt and not borrow guns. I hate that. Got a place picked out where I'm going to set out corn. I know their trail to water so it should be an easy shot depending on which position. Best will be about 75 yds and another about 110. They use one trail or the other. It's not seperate sounders (had to look that name up). We call them a lot of things but never sounders. Going to do that now just to make myself sound smarter than I am. Ha!
I'm not buying a 3K thermal scope. The Sightmart 4-32x50 will be great with option for video or pictures. I was also expecting to need a IR to replace the factory but everyone says the sightmart Wraith IR illuminator is as good as you'll ever need. I'll see.

Latest posts

Top Bottom