Need Gun advice for my daughter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airpowmech

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am thinking of starting to teach my 9 year old daughter to shoot. With the 22 shortage does anyone suggest another rifle caliber? I know I want to teach her on a bolt action or lever action rifle. If I have to I will bite the bullet and go with a 22 cricket.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would definitely get a .22 LR. The shortage is starting to lift and ammo is becoming more available. There will be plenty of people that have had the opportunity to find some that will make sure you and your daughter have ammo to shoot. Personally, I would get the Rascal over the Cricket. It has the accutrigger and a better safety. I think the Crickets are harder to operate too. I think a even better choice would be a Savage Mark II or other models that have magazines and better accuracy. I think she will quickly outgrow the youth guns and want something that she can hone her skill with.

PawPaw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How tall is she? I have a Crickett that you are welcome to let her try. I live near Meers, but work in Lawton if you are interested. I will even let you borrow a box of .22.
Reggie

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd say stick with .22LR.

.22LR actually isn't that scarce and you don't need a lot to get her started. One 50 round box will last a few quality shooting sessions.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son was 7 when he first fired my 30-30 into a melon. That was a teaching moment though and I wanted the melon to explode. Lesson learned.

Sent from outer space or somewhere from my mobile device

Latest posts

Top Bottom