Need Gun advice for my daughter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airpowmech

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have heard the Crickets aren't that great also. I will have to check out the Savage Mark Il.
PawPaw my daughter is about 4' 7".
Thanks everyone for the advice so far.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How tall is she? I have a Crickett that you are welcome to let her try. I live near Meers, but work in Lawton if you are interested. I will even let you borrow a box of .22.
Reggie
..........THIS IS WHY THIS SITE IS SO GREAT.......Reggie, if I can ever help you in any way. Just ask. Sorry for hi-jacking the post.
If you can't find any 22's, you might try a pellet gun.

PawPaw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also have a Marlin 39 lever action and a very old Savage bolt action you are welcome to try. All 5 of my grandkids love to shoot. Give her the chance to try diff guns.
Reggie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PawPaw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Surjimmy thanks and you are correct about this place. I just love to see new people brought into our heritage of firearms. And I really like to see a parent spending time with their kids outdoors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Daisy Red Rider and .22LR.

First time out take a warm rootbeer, shake it up good, and show her the cartridge, how small, but dangerous IF not use responsibly, shoot the rootbeer. Makes an impression. Works with the BB gun, too.

airpowmech

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the offers and the advice. I do like the idea of using the root beer to show the danger, but unfortunately I am confined to public ranges and I am sure they would not like let that fly. Hopefully in the future I can get my own space to shoot, because I miss shooting up nonstandard targets.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Daisy Red Rider and .22LR.

First time out take a warm rootbeer, shake it up good, and show her the cartridge, how small, but dangerous IF not use responsibly, shoot the rootbeer. Makes an impression. Works with the BB gun, too.

This is brilliant!
Also worth looking at is the Ruger American Rifle .22. I think that it's important at this age that you get something she won't outgrow in a few months.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
This is brilliant!
Also worth looking at is the Ruger American Rifle .22. I think that it's important at this age that you get something she won't outgrow in a few months.

I agree..............go ahead and buy the Ruger 10/22 now:)

porscheman2944

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I started my son out with a red ryder bb gun and told him if he was responsible he could up-grade, at 7 bought him a S.S.Cricket gave him the same offer he is now almost 10 and he has a Ruger SR-22, Ruger 10/22 that he has bought himself. I just upgraded him to a zombie green GWACS AR-15 w/ 5.56 and dedicated CMMG .22 upper. I went with the Cricket because of the size and he was young and I wanted him to slow down and have to think about what he was doing. I recently put a scope on it and he still goes back to it every so often. That being said the thing I have always drilled into his head was safety. I told him with all these guns goes the responsibility and if I caught him using them unsafely they would all be sold. Teach them young and teach them safe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom