Need Gun advice for my daughter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jazmin has an old Western Auto single shot bolt action. I think it was made by Mossberg. They all had Daisys before that.
I agree start with BB guns and then a Cricket.
They are what they are and they fill a niche.
I'm a firm believer that you buy kids something you won't get emotionally attached to, that way when the inevitable happens, it will really be "all right". (This rule is especially important when it comes to vehicles).
Geez Dave, Western Auto? You could have at least sprung for OTASCO stuff. :rotflmao:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree start with BB guns and then a Cricket.
They are what they are and they fill a niche.
I'm a firm believer that you buy kids something you won't get emotionally attached to, that way when the inevitable happens, it will really be "all right". (This rule is especially important when it comes to vehicles).
Geez Dave, Western Auto? You could have at least sprung for OTASCO stuff. :rotflmao:

Get too attached so when the inevitable happens?
Yeah, my boys outgrew their crickets. I sold em. 1 to my hunting buddy for his boy. He outgrew it and decided to sell. On a whim, I bought it back. It has been through 9 grandkids, 3 still shoot it, 1 started this year. At least 3 more to go when they get a little older. It won't be sold again. Just passed to the next gen of shooters.

noslogto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking back, my progression was...
1. Daisy BB
2. Crossman Pump BB/Pellet
3. Remington Bolt action .22lr
4. Remington Nylon 66
5. Etc, Etc

I still have all of them except the Crossman..blew out the seals from over pumping it. :)

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
bb gun/pellet gun to learn dynamics of shooting, once mastered, then get a suppress for your .22 and let her master that. So she learns without the blast/noise factor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom