Need help deciding.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I'm looking to get a PCC. I'm kind of torn at this point though. I've got it down to two "backpack" guns and both have pros and cons. First is the grand power stribog. Love the gun and it's what I'm really wanting, but in a few months the brace system will no longer be an option when the AFT lays down it's new rules making it an SBR. The other is a sub2000. The only reason I would pick this up is because it's small package easily deployable and does not have to come apart in two separate pieces. The down side is that it's a keltec. I've owned the gen one in 9mm and sold it being a southpaw I got hot gas and blowback to the face, I had the gen 2 in 40 when it first came out and just wasn't thrilled with it. I daily carry a hellcat at the moment and it's not compatible with the S2K. The plus (and minus for me) about the S2K is mag compatible with carry guns. If I went with the S2K should I go for the Glock version (I don't have a Glock, and the Glock versions are more expensive), or the M&P version (I have a full size M&P9 7 mags, and the M&P version is cheaper). So there you have it the gun I want that would soon make me a felon for owning, or the gun that I could tolerate but would be legal.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know someone who has a Sub-2000 in .40 that takes M&P magazines in the classifieds. 😏😏
Man if it were in 9 we would have talked some time ago buddy.

Seems it would just be cheaper to SBR the one you've got and love than buy another. But i won't crush your momentum of buying another either.
I don't own either yet, that's my dilemma. I don't "want" to have to SBR it, I want to be able to (legally) carry it whenever/where ever without having to show papers or whatever. It's just seems like more of a hassle.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As much as I like the Strebog I would probably go for the Sub2000 myself because it is light weight, folds up and fits in my backpack, and uses the same mags as my handguns.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I looked at stribog a3 and went cmmg banshee after watching people trying to clear malfunctions in the stribog. I have a ruger charger pcc too, it sure is heavy even with only a 5 in barrel. It packs down quite small though.

Last edited: