Need help finding an extractor.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it falls out by itself without the extractor it sounds as if the extractor is causing a bind by twisting or even too much spring tension. Use a Magic Marker on the bullet to see if there is a worn spot, then try the marker on the extractor mechanism. I'd call @SPDguns .

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it falls out by itself without the extractor it sounds as if the extractor is causing a bind by twisting or even too much spring tension. Use a Magic Marker on the bullet to see if there is a worn spot, then try the marker on the extractor mechanism. I'd call @SPDguns .

I'm starting to think I might be getting in over my head on this one. And being a 100 year old rifle made with unobtainium I'm hesitant to start filing anything. I may need to make that call.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's gonna be the extractor spring and plunger all gooed up. Take it apart, clean it and put it back together. Or, soak it in penetrating oil, blast it with gun scrubber and compressed air.

Well, while it appeared to have been moving freely I went ahead and did as you suggested. I hosed it down with Gun Scrubber several times and blew it out with some air. It now moves much easier and also is moving further. It now appears to be extracting without binding. I've only tested about 10 shots but Every. Single. One. extracted perfectly.

THANK YOU!!

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, while it appeared to have been moving freely I went ahead and did as you suggested. I hosed it down with Gun Scrubber several times and blew it out with some air. It now moves much easier and also is moving further. It now appears to be extracting without binding. I've only tested about 10 shots but Every. Single. One. extracted perfectly.

THANK YOU!!
'sperience is a wunnerful thing. SPDguns knows "how stuff works" ... :thumb:

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

THANK YOU!!
No charge!!! ;)

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score

THANK YOU!!
"do the maintenance"! :cool: Seems like a lot of folks send a lot of ammo down the tube with zero thought to cleaning. One of the Taurus 85's I got was a really crappy gritty trigger until I took it apart and cleaned it. It is a DA only and the trigger is butter now. One of my daughters has it and loves the thing .

Latest posts

Top Bottom