need help on YHM suprpressor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
two months ago I took my yhm cobra apart for cleaning. when I reassambled it, i put a little of red loctite on the thread now is it stuck too tight and I have tried most anything to take it apart to clean but it wouldn't come out. what should I do now? should I send it back to YHM?

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
two months ago I took my yhm cobra apart for cleaning. when I reassambled it, i put a little of red loctite on the thread now is it stuck too tight and I have tried most anything to take it apart to clean but it wouldn't come out. what should I do now? should I send it back to YHM?

Why loc-tite especially red?

lol, looks like I wasn't first with those questions.

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want to ensure you don't muck up the finish on the can apply the heat indirectly. Heat a steel rod or bolt until glowing red and then apply the rod or bolt to the part that is stuck. It might take several heatings to get the part warm enough for the red loc-tite to soften enough to release, but it will save the finish.

thayton

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Use a heat gun and a infared pryometer, 375f to 400f will do the job, you are welcome to come by monday and use my equipment, takes about 5 min.

Latest posts

Top Bottom