Need help with 9mm OAL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And for those running Gen 5 Glocks, be forewarned that the new "Marksman" barrels are fairly drastically shorter in the leade than the prior Glock generations. Walthers are also short. I don't have any Walthers so I decided to compare with the other German barrel I had. This is a Blue Bullets 147 RN loaded to 1.165 OAL compared in a HK P30 and Gen 5 Glock barrel. Note that FACTORY Federal American Eagle 147 FP doesn't work in the Glock either (no pics on that one). I've found that a ton of ammo that I already have loaded won't work in my G17.5, while it plunck tests just fine in about a half dozen other guns from M&P,s HKs, STI, and prior generation Glocks. Never had an issue.

For reference in these pics it didn't quite clear in the HK at this length. It was standing off the barrel hood .0015" in the HK and .080" in the Glock. That's not a typo. I ended up having to go wayyyyyyyy shorter to get these to work in the Glock while only needing a smidge more to work in the HK.
IMG_6194.jpg
IMG_6195.jpg
IMG_6196.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom