Need help with AR red dot optic selection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackRiflesBoy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay I am looking for a budget optic that I can use for plinking but something that is also versatile enough for other applications. I really want to be able to slap it on a shotgun so that my son can use it this Spring Turkey season. This is what I am down to as well as the positives and negatives I see associated with each. Have I overlooked and optic or am I missing something in my evaluation of these selections? I am thinking that the KillFlash would be pretty important when turkey hunting. Any and all opinions are much appreciated.

1) Primary Arms Micro MD-08 (new) $120 with mount. (If this was in stock it would have already been ordered and I would not be posting this question)
Pro: Price, size, weight, comes with a KillFlash, 3 MOA dot
Con: Out of stock until maybe April.

2) Bushnell trs-25 (new) $95 with mount (If this had an available KillFlash it would have already been ordered and I would not be posting this question)
Pro: Price, size, weight, availability, good reviews, 3 MOA dot
Con: No KillFlash available

3) Vortex StrikeFire (used) $180 with mount and KillFlash
Pro: Lifetime warrenty, read REALLY good reviews, KillFlash available, availability
Con: Cost, not sure how much better it is than the previous two options, not sure how important the KillFlash is for my applications, 4 MOA dot (not a deal breaker)

4) Vortex Sparc (used) $210 with mount and KillFlash
Pro: Size, weight, Lifetime warrenty, KillFlash available, availability, 2MOA dot
Con: Cost, not sure how much better it is than the previous three options, not sure how important the KillFlash is for my applications
Romeo 5. Cheap, reliable and compact. Never regretted mine. It's on my latest AR build and works like a champ.

Latest posts

Top Bottom