need help with entry-level O/U shotguns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
there are some Browning Citori's out there than can be had on occasion for 1K.
If your going to buy used, be sure there is no slack in the hinge pin, and the action locks up tight.
I have a Citori Upland in 12 ga. your welcome to shoot as well.
Maybe Bobby, and us need to get together with a clay thrower. I'm sure we can find a place.

PAINT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really wouldn't skimp on an over/under. I held a $500 over/under at academy and I could easily tell a difference in quality compared to my Beretta and others I've handled. Browning and Skb both make quality guns that can you can find used under a thousand. I'd check out shotgun world. They've got a classified section just for over/unders.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really wouldn't skimp on an over/under. I held a $500 over/under at academy and I could easily tell a difference in quality compared to my Beretta and others I've handled. Browning and Skb both make quality guns that can you can find used under a thousand. I'd check out shotgun world. They've got a classified section just for over/unders.

I'm glad you mentioned SKB. I don't know a thing about them, but I came across one recently that was rather intriguing. Are any and all of their O/U's worth consideration, or do they have a 'lower end' to stay away from?

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anytime, let me know.

I have a Citori Upland in 12 ga. your welcome to shoot as well.
Maybe Bobby, and us need to get together with a clay thrower. I'm sure we can find a place.

Sounds good to me! It just occured to me, I have an unopened box of clays sitting in my garage that have been there for probably two or three years. And, I've got a hand-held thrower somewhere.

Latest posts

Top Bottom