• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Oklahoma City Need help with sight replacement, will trade ammo.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carready

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
OAS Sponsor
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
you'd have to be really careless for that to happen. tritium vials are sealed to provide shock isolation and survive rigors of a firearm.
take little hits with a jewelers brass hammer but that's really over thinking it .. any small hammer will work fine .. easy does it ..

Oh, not careless, some gun companies use a 20 ton press to push them on, granted, not many, but the viles will break when trying a punch and a proper hammer. Small jewelry hammer wont budge them.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0

Oh, not careless, some gun companies use a 20 ton press to push them on, granted, not many, but the viles will break when trying a punch and a proper hammer. Small jewelry hammer wont budge them.

20 ton press .. ya right .. a bit of common sense here ..
if it will not budge with a small hammer and brass punch, go find the proper tool and press it out.

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 98.4%
61   1   0
Hello everyone, thank you for all of you who offered to help. I finally ended up buying the front sight tool from Amazon and I used a punch for the rear. I just didn't get the time to meet up anywhere. Your are all a blessing and this community is why we fight for our 2nd amendment rights. Thanks everyone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom