Need Info for CLEET??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not true,you shoot 4 qualifying rounds of 20 rounds each plus whatever the school wants to shoot for practice(usually20-40 rounds).Most schools provide the ammo.The one I teach at in Tulsa,Center of Professional Studies(COPS),provides 9mm ammo and weapons to our students.If you shoot your own gun ,and it's not 9mm, you have to provide your own ammo. Steve

Interesting...I went to three different CareerTech websites on the Phase IV course and all of them say 400 rounds. When I was a course coordinator at a CareerTech school, I knew what the course of fire was but that was over 3 years ago and I don't have any printed CLEET curriculum materials for reference. I do know it took some students more than that to qualify sometimes.

Given the restrictions on firearms as regards public schools, there is no way they will ever provide firearms or ammo. Since there are only 4 private SG training schools and 26 CareerTech school sites offering the Phase IV training, it is unlikely that your statement that "most schools provide the ammo" can be correct.

As noted above, I am writing from past experience and a short amount of web research. YMMV, IANAL, yada, yada,....:wave:

Latest posts

Top Bottom