Need knowledge.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gent lives in Oklahoma, works in Oklahoma but drivers licence still in Texas. Says 8 weeks to get Ok Drivers License. Offers pistol to sell to Moi. I am buyer. Is it an issue?

What say you that may know?

I just went through hell getting my CDL to Nat ID and such.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a lawyer, but I'd say it's more an issue for him than for you. He also may have an issue with not having gotten an Oklahoma license when he moved to Oklahoma, but I'm not sure how soon that's supposed to be done. 30 days? 60 days?

I'd probably check the ATF website and see what qualifies as "proof" that he has established Oklahoma residency. Could be other things besides DL are acceptable. I believe that's really the issue, is he an Oklahoma resident, regardless of his DL.

JMO

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think if you are buying you are good... Selling would be a no-no.

Your spot on. Looked up on a few sites. ATF and others. Just never been an issue before me. He shouldn’t have stated so. I always ask, you legal and legal age to sell? Is it stolen? A yes and no. He looks presentable, I buy.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not a lawyer, but I'd say it's more an issue for him than for you. He also may have an issue with not having gotten an Oklahoma license when he moved to Oklahoma, but I'm not sure how soon that's supposed to be done. 30 days? 60 days?

I'd probably check the ATF website and see what qualifies as "proof" that he has established Oklahoma residency. Could be other things besides DL are acceptable. I believe that's really the issue, is he an Oklahoma resident, regardless of his DL.

JMO

I did some research. Thanks.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know on a 4473 if your DL address is different you can show 3 other forms of ID with your current address on it like utility bills, insurance or bank account something that has your current address on it if im not mistaken.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know on a 4473 if your DL address is different you can show 3 other forms of ID with your current address on it like utility bills, insurance or bank account something that has your current address on it if im not mistaken.
When I bought my daughter's HK VP9, she had to get her driver's license updated before she could pick it up. Bought from H&H. That was December 2019, IIRC. Maybe 2020, and could have been their rule not ATF.

Latest posts

Top Bottom