Need locksmith to program car key

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just bought a 2010 Ford Escape and need to have a key copied and programmed. I got the blank key on Ebay, just need it cut and programmed. Dealer wants $65 to do it, a lock smith i called wanted $50. Both seemed a bit steep to me. Anyone know of a place in OKC that'll do it cheaper?

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Believe it or not, your local Walmart may just do it, though it might be for keys purchased there only. Have you checked online to see if there are DIY key programming instructions?

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I hope you find a cheaper price, but that seems about right. Most for shops charge 1/2 hour labor. The thing is they have to hook up a computer to the cars computer and program all keys at the same time.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Checked out the walmart/Ace route, turns out they use special keys that they can copy an existing code into, so that's a no go. Found another locksmith though that'll do it for $25, which is more within my perception of reasonable!

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You need someone to cut the key, provided you have one key that is already programmed then you can program the new one into the system. The factory owners manual for both my truck an d my wife's GT contains the directions on how to do it.

You should be able to get directions on line if you don't have the owners manual

Latest posts

Top Bottom