Need money, out of gas scam...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive run into a different one here latley, they seem to hang around gas stations near pharmacies. They approach and ask for money to help purchase thier childs asthma medication. Now, i have mild asthma and so does my daughter. I would never let a child go thru that without their meds, but out of the three times I've been approached, twice the parent could not name the medication or the dosage thier child needs and the other time when one did, I told her to meet me at the pharmacy and I'd pay for it. She never showed up, but I spotted her back at the station about 15 minutes later. If your inclined to help someone like this, I promise you any parent (even a horrible crack head mommy) will know what meds thier child takes, and the dosage. Im thinking they need to issue tazers to the general public and it should be legal to taze anyone involved in a scam like this.... Just my opinion though---

Fog

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive run into a different one here latley, they seem to hang around gas stations near pharmacies. They approach and ask for money to help purchase thier childs asthma medication. Now, i have mild asthma and so does my daughter. I would never let a child go thru that without their meds, but out of the three times I've been approached, twice the parent could not name the medication or the dosage thier child needs and the other time when one did, I told her to meet me at the pharmacy and I'd pay for it. She never showed up, but I spotted her back at the station about 15 minutes later. If your inclined to help someone like this, I promise you any parent (even a horrible crack head mommy) will know what meds thier child takes, and the dosage. Im thinking they need to issue tazers to the general public and it should be legal to taze anyone involved in a scam like this.... Just my opinion though---

Fog
I agree about tazing people who scam. Reminded me of an inside joke I have with my wife. It is called the invisible tazer. When I see someone doing something stupid I just shake like I got tazed and the wife laughs.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I promise you any parent (even a horrible crack head mommy) will know what meds thier child takes, and the dosage.

Man, I sooooo wish you were right in this. But unfortunately, it is worlds away from the truth. :(

As others have mentioned... the best counter for ANY of these approaches for money is to simply offer to buy in person whatever it is that the panhandler is trying to obtain. It'll take you a few extra minutes to go through with it all, but you'll 100% know that those who are scamming will find some excuse to decline, and you will know that not only did you keep yourself from being scammed, but for those few who actually take you up on it, you will have a genuine opportunity to help someone in need in an appropriate way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom