Need some advice on a metal shop/garage..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know a guy in Bristow that will do the concrete for you. You buy the supplies and order the concrete. Cash and a couple Coronas will get you a fair deal on labor.

Redmule454

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I started out looking at a 30x40 then went to 40x60. I laid out on a drawing what I really needed and ended up buying a 40x75 with a 15x75 lean-to on each side. After the concrete was poured I walked around the slab and thought. "hmmmm....you know this looks small.....should have gone to a 40x80" :-)
I bought a Mueller building and had a contractor they recommended put it up.
The costs of concrete varied from 17K to 52K! So many concrete finishers think they can do the whole project. Buyer beware! The cost to install the building varied from 10K to 32K.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking to have a metal shop/garage built. Need everything from the concrete up done. I don’t have the will, want to to tackle it my self. Looking at a 20x30 with two over head doors. Has anyone had this done here lately? Who to use??? i’m in the middle between Tulsa and Stillwater.
Definitely get 240 electric service and you might want to consider a water pipe, gas piping, and a couple of low voltage conduits to the shop for internet/telephone and alarm systems. Put it all in now for future use.

BUDMAN-BILL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely get 240 electric service and you might want to consider a water pipe, gas piping, and a couple of low voltage conduits to the shop for internet/telephone and alarm systems. Put it all in now for future use.
Oh, that will be done, I’m knowledgeable in that department. Main water line like is about 25’ away from where I’m gonna build.

BUDMAN-BILL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I started out looking at a 30x40 then went to 40x60. I laid out on a drawing what I really needed and ended up buying a 40x75 with a 15x75 lean-to on each side. After the concrete was poured I walked around the slab and thought. "hmmmm....you know this looks small.....should have gone to a 40x80" :-)
I bought a Mueller building and had a contractor they recommended put it up.
The costs of concrete varied from 17K to 52K! So many concrete finishers think they can do the whole project. Buyer beware! The cost to install the building varied from 10K to 32K.
Holly cow, Lol. I’m thinking about a 30x40 now instead of a 20x30. Two over head doors, a walkthrough and two windows. I’ve already laid it out on the ground and think it will be perfect

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive been considering building another red iron or even a wooden pole barn so please keep us updated on who and what you go with. Needless to say, regardless how big you go, in time it wont be big enough.

Latest posts

Top Bottom