Need some help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cptnhowdy138

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let me start off by saying I am new to reloading. I just bought a lee breech lock press and I dont plan on doing any relaoding until I feel comfortable enough. I know I am going to need numerous books to read but until i get them I know this is a good place to start with plenty of helpful people. With that being said what books does everyone recomend. Will these help me with powder/bullet im going to need. I have been reading online and it seems there is so many options it's easy to get lost. I am pretty sure I understand most of what I am reading when it comes to reloading as far as what dies do what and why/how they perform a certain task. If there is any advice I could get from here would also be helpful. Im not looking to turn out 1k rounds in a week im just wanting to pick up a hobby when I have some downtime.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
What cartridges will you be reloading for? Spending an hour with someone who's reloaded for years will take a lot of time off of the learning curve. Everyone does things a little different, but the basics are the same.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the Lyman 49th edition and it got me relaoding pretty easily. I have not read the Lee book.

Did you get the hand press or the challenger table mount?
edit as i was too slow.
I can show you some reloading ways if you like.. but only during the weekdays during mornings.
And if you do not have a Loading block i will give you one to keep you organized and safe

cptnhowdy138

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys I will be reloading .40 shooting out of my glock for right now but plan on 223 and 7mm later. I have the table press. I dont have anything else besides everything that came with the kit and lee carbide dies. Swamprat that would be nice but I work mon-fri 8-5

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found a hornady 9th at academy and it has a ton of info in it, I have already read the few chapters of the reloading stuff and plan on doing it a few more times.

cptnhowdy138

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didnt know they had reloading supplies at academy im going to have to look there tomorrow. I know im going to have to run to bass pro. My father in law bought me Hornady bushings but they don't fit the lee press. Can anyone recommend supplies I might need from there?

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very true Dennis I was just saying its there. I got a reloading manual this weekend from them and I paid $5-7 more then I would online but I didn't have to wait a week plus academy is 5 min from the house and bp is about 20.

Latest posts

Top Bottom