need some help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought a new Hornady electronic powder dispenser. Used it for the first time tonight. It was tough getting the powder unstuck from the plastic tube that holds the powder, and the basin where it dispenses. Static.

If I remember right, somebody on here said to use a dryer softener cloth to eliminate the static.

Was it a used one or a fresh one?

Drillin' Tech

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would recommend a USED dryer sheet because some dryer sheets seem to have a scented additive. I have used a new one before once and it left a residue on the powder measure cylinder. After one has been the dryer with some clothes, this seems to come off of the sheet and not cause this problem. Just my experience.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would recommend a USED dryer sheet because some dryer sheets seem to have a scented additive. I have used a new one before once and it left a residue on the powder measure cylinder. After one has been the dryer with some clothes, this seems to come off of the sheet and not cause this problem. Just my experience.

Right on.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How is the powder dispenser working out?
Have any oranges laying around Dennis.

Peel it and eat it.. then leave the orange peels on counter overnight..tear these into 1/2" or 1" size pieces and toss into the tumbler with the walnut media.

They last for about 4 sessions and less dust and cases shine a bit more.
I like free or cheap stuff you know.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dispenser is working fine. Wiped it down with a used dryer sheet and the problem went away.

I saw a dryer sheet on the floor one day while walking out to the shop, so figured it fell out of the dryer when it was emptied. Put it in a tumbler, and in about 4 hours dumped it into the separator, and all of the .223 rounds had a black heavy type of coating on them that evidently came off the dryer sheet. Found out I'd picked up a new one.
Took about an hour with brake cleaner and a cloth to get all of that mess cleaned up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom