Need some legal opinions from you Tulsa lawyer types please.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since he is subject to the mood swings you mentioned, catch him in a good mood and get everything you want in writing then. Then don't worry about it.

Wellllllllllll. . .let's just say those good mood swings towards me went away with the officer more or less siding with me today, even if it wasn't said in so many words.

bmw530

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I was in your shoes I'd go talk with him again, as stated above try to catch him in a good mood and talk to him about it. I think it'd be smart if you brought a neighbor along with you. So if you can't get it in writing you at least have a witness that can testify for you if it goes to court.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does he work or retired or on welfare?
If he works a regular job I wouldn't sweat it.
He's not going to take off work, go to the courthouse, pay money to file, pay money to have it served and take off work again to go to court. IMHO

However, if he's out of work or on welfare that a different matter if he thinks he can make a buck.

Find out if he owns or rents. If he rents and it escalates talk to the landlord.
Try http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/itemsofinterest/propertyrecords/propertyrecords.aspx

You might think about some kind of security camera with night vision capablity (they are not to expensive these days) with a recorder. I would expect vandalizim more than court action.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As far as the personal end of it, I have one neighbor that I don't get along with for a myriad of reasons and I just ignore them. I'd prefer to get along with them, but they are the ones who are unreasonable so screw them... I've tried.

As far as the potential for legal issues, it sounds like they are just whiners who won't ever really DO anything legally. Even if they did, what are they going to do really? ... try and get a judge to agree with them that you owe them for a tree that was on shared property? More than likely they'll get laughed out of court and you'll be no worse off.

I've found that most people who act this way tend to either straighten up or completely leave you alone once you stand firm and show them that they can't f with you.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom