Need suggestions on bore rod guide and cleaning rods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Snapped the POS bore guide I had and need a replacement. Would like to get one that can be used with several guns up to the 7.62 (particularly my 6.5 Ha).
Suggestions from local would be great. Hate ordering small stuff off internet.
Also need good one piece cleaning rods an jigs for different cals including 22.
Help!

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a Tipton one-pc carbon fiber cleaning rod for .22-.26 caliber. Haven't put it to use yet, as I'm still doing research on bore guides myself.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Found a cheap one at Academy I'm going to pick up tomorrow. Can use several cal's but not down to 22. Plastic and looks flimsy but saw a couple of good reviews. Only 12 bucks so what the heck.
Decided to get several one piece cleaning rods and accessories for each Cal. Sucks digging through my stuff looking for the right this or right that and having those 3 piece things bending.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think mine is a Dewey. Whichever one has the black rod with the red handle on ball bearings. Anyway, Jerrys in Ardmore carrys them. You really need two sizes as most rods are made in two sizes. One for down to 22 and one for 30 cal stuff.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use dewey for the most part. I think my .22 is a tipton. Be careful when you buy a rod for a .22 that you do not get it too long. I use cleaning jags, and a 3ft rod will flex a lot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom