• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

need to buy FIREWOOD FIREWOOD firewood 6 to 8 rick hard wood

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flashover008

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Looking to buy 6 t0 8 rick of wood ,all hard wood no soft I know my wood a rick is 8x4x2 for those who don't know what size a rick is ,but I need the wood to be 80% split no little limb wood .if someone out there knows of anyone selling wood that isn't 120.00 a rick please let me know I sure would appreciate it would like to pay 55.00 a rick delivered and stacked Thanks Have A Blessed Sunday Afternoon JOHN 15:13

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Lemmee see...$55 delivered and stacked; 80% split, all hardwood...good luck. I haven't seen anything like that kind of price, and I was looking hard.

filbert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Looking to buy 6 t0 8 rick of wood ,all hard wood no soft I know my wood a rick is 8x4x2 for those who don't know what size a rick is ,but I need the wood to be 80% split no little limb wood .if someone out there knows of anyone selling wood that isn't 120.00 a rick please let me know I sure would appreciate it would like to pay 55.00 a rick delivered and stacked Thanks Have A Blessed Sunday Afternoon JOHN 15:13
HAHAHAHA

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
The only official measure is the cord – a stacked pile that measures 4' high by 4' deep by 8' wide (128 cubic feet). If the firewood is cut into 16” lengths, a cord (sometimes called a “bush cord”) will contain three rows.

I have seen way to many definitions of rick out there. I always ask the seller to define their version of a rick and the length it's cut to, or just ask for the price per cord instead.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
The only official measure is the cord – a stacked pile that measures 4' high by 4' deep by 8' wide (128 cubic feet). If the firewood is cut into 16” lengths, a cord (sometimes called a “bush cord”) will contain three rows.

I have seen way to many definitions of rick out there. I always ask the seller to define their version of a rick and the length it's cut to, or just ask for the price per cord instead.

Yeah, I've had some heated arguments about this. To me, according to my Dad, a rick was 16"x4'x8' ... three ricks to a cord. He said, if it was in two foot lengths, it was called "cord wood." And, my Dad was never wrong.

flashover008

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Gotcha if you happen to come across anyone selling good hard wood please let me know I sure would appreciate it Thanks Have A Blessed Thursday Afternoon }><}}};> PHIL 4:13 <;{{{><{

Latest posts

Top Bottom