Need/want tablet computer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Going to be relegated to the couch for 4 to 6 weeks recovering from my hospital ordeal and thinking how much more convenient a tablet computer would be for email and internet than a laptop I am in the market for an affordable tablet computer.

Any recommendations? Preferable through Amazon with Prime, should be able to have it here Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ya should have added a couple features.. How about under $300.00 with WiFi and would be nice if I could use my Samsung S7 phone charger. Phone screen is just too small and all the bloat and difficult operation makes me want to throw it in the trash.

A real key board would also be nice.

ICanFixIt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.5" 32GB that I have been pretty happy with. You should be able to find one for under $150 and it seems to do everything you wanted. Mostly, mine has been used as a Kindle reader, but it will do e-mail and surf the net with no problems. It seems to go 8 or more hours of heavy use before it needs to recharge. It doesn't have a "real" keyboard, but the size lets it display a good sized keyboard on screen. My wife has me using speech to text, so that makes input a lot easier and faster.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you watch Woot.com, they periodically sell iPads, which is what I use most of the time for my online goofing off. They currently have several Samsung tablets, and I think they're all under $300. I don't use Android, so I couldn't tell you if they're any good, although the reviews I've read and heard haven't been too kind to Android tablets in general, but I think that's more because the app developers don't bother with making tablet versions than any problems with the tablets (at least from the major makers).

https://www.woot.com/category/computers/tablets

Latest posts

Top Bottom