Need water well driller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My well was drilled in 1960 hit water @ 13 feet, rose to 9 feet from top of ground it is 60 feet deep. Well was about 2 years old ,filled up with very fine sand. Driller came back clamped a 4 inch hose on casing , laid out a bunch of hose. Started a big compressor blew the 60 feet of casing up out of the well & it fell over to the West. Pumped out all the sand & recased with plastic pipe. Been good to this day.
I thought once well was drilled and casing installed that if the well went dry or collapsed somewhere that a new well had to be drilled? That's what they told me. If a pump falls in the well and can't be :fished" out, I sort of understand that a new well is in order.

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If no pumps in them. Rope on a pipe wrench. Measure the depths of them. See if they are caved in or full of ****. Then you can get a pump, a good enough genset to run pump and pump on them to see if they are sustaining themselves. Plastic or steel surface pipes? Plastic well casing? A lot of factors to tell age and if they are any good. There is no goin back in them for refurbish. And the price of wells these days, it gets pricey ‘“drilling a couple of new ones”. If you nothing about them, hire a professional. I can walk you through on setting a pump in them to test them. We have used our rig compressor to clean them of debris if the debris is not to heavy, but it is done gentle as to not blow the well casing out and ruining the well. We have drilled wells for 80+ years, but your way to far away.
Where your service?

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
john6185 Read my post again.
I did and maybe if it is a shallow well vs a deep well it would make a difference. All I know is how to wire the control box and pump. But the drillers told me it's a no go if the pump has fallen in the well due to a PVC pipe break. I asked them about a rope or cable and they said the schedule 80 pipe would hold. When they drilled my well I had "grit" and small particles of dirt or sand from day one and I had to put an inline micron filter to filter out the bad stuff. It's hard on the pump-I know but what's a guy to do under these circumstances? I guess I have to live with it.

Last edited:

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your bad luck with the well. OP original says well was 60 feet deep. pump was above ground.. I tied on to sections of steel casing & pulled them off of my pipe . Used air compressor to blow sand out of pipe. Put pipe & jet back in well never had any more sand. Driller said it might happen again. This was in about 1962.

Latest posts

Top Bottom