Need your advice please, need another holster.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok guys, heres the deal. I have the proverbial box of holsters. I have a few leather ones and some cheapies, and my favorite right now is my Cleveland. For everyday wear, its great. Comfortable and I can wear it all day. Problem, cant wear it on my bike because it doesnt have a retention device and I have gotten off my bike and felt my gun halfway out of the holster. Not a good feeling. So, I would like to find an IWB holster with a retention device of some kind, thumb break maybe?

My options weighed so far:

1) OWB with thumb break or serpa. Not a bad idea, but I dont want to have to constantly worry about my jacket or shirt riding up exposing my weapon.

2) Shoulder holster, not a bad idea either, but then I cant ever remove my jacket and its hard to find a shoulder rig that doesnt require belt retention. I am really leaning towards this option but that would mean I would have to wear a cover shirt over my t-shirt.

3) IWB with retention, not having much luck finding what I think would work.

4) Belly Band, tried one briefly but it rode too high and made drawing difficult and timely. Retention straps on what I have found so far are velcro.

Does anyone have an idea or manufacturer that would have what I am looking for. I know open carry will be legal in November, but I really prefer the conceal carry method. I am carrying a Glock 21.

Thank you for your ideas and suggestions in advance. I plan to visit the Police Supply at 61st and Garnett this weekend and see if they have something I want to try. Is there anywhere else I can look? Dont care for Dong's. Have already been to Academy and Bass Pro, Tulsa Fire Arms, etc.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had to google Cleveland holsters because i've never heard of them. It appears that their holsters have adjustable retention. Does it not work?

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a kydez holster and my Glocks were not snug like I wanted them to be. The holster manufacturer recommended taking a square of Velcro [the soft loop side] and sticking it on the inside of the holster-- body side. It made my Glock nice & snug... and still easy to draw. You can get the 2x3" square Velcro packs at Walmart in the sewing / fabric section for around $3 per pack of 3 squares.

'Conceal Carrying' a G21 is like concealing a boat anchor. I got tired of the weight and bulk, so I bought a G19 & a G23. It made a world of difference... especially the G19. The G23 has a CT laser on it so its weight is not far behind the G21. With open carry coming in November... I may open carry the G21 every once in a while.

smokeyokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure if he is wanting to get into the holster making business but Norman on this sight makes an AWESOME holster it is similar to a Raven Phantom. It is the Shiznit. I would highly recommend him.

Sam Shoun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What belt are you using, and what carry position? Riding a motorcycle should be very low on the list of things likely to dislodge a gun from a quality holster/belt setup.

thefenux

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For IWB, I love my Comp-Tac MTAC. It doesn't have a strap, but it does have adjustable retention. It has *never* moved on me when I didn't want it to.

Have you tried IWB kydex holsters like the Comp-Tac or the Bladetech? They've got a really solid hold and can be adjusted to be tighter.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OWB Raven concealment is my first choice. They hug really tight. I love their mag carriers too. IWB Crossbreed is hard to beat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom